General News of Friday, 11 January 2019
For over three hours, fire disrupted banking services at the office of Tafo branch of the Ecobank Limited, at Mile Three in Tafo-Pankrono constituency in the Ashanti region on Thursday January 10, 2019.
OTEC News reporter Isaac Nsiah Foster who visited the scene of the fire incident reports that the fire started at 6.00: am.
An eye witness told OTEC news that the fire started when air-conditioning cable sparks fire in one of their offices.
Mr Samuel Franklin Offei special assistant to the landlord of the Ecobank Tafo branch building Mr Kwadwo Adu Gyamfi told OTEC news that it took intervention of
Other nearby shop operators fire extinguishers to control the fire before the arrival of the Fire Service officials.
Isaac Nsiah Foster reports that some customers were seen around the place calling the management to allow them to withdraw their deposits.
Several Ecobank items were destroyed by the fire.
All efforts made to speak to the management of the Ecobank Tafo branch as well as the regional manager proved futile.
“I was called to come to office when the fire started and I quickly alerted my tenants to rush to their various offices and shops to ensure the fire will not be spreading to their offices and shops, and we were able to contain the fire, it couldn’t spread to the other offices”. Mr Kwadwo Adu Gyamfi landlord of Ecobank Tafo branch building stressed.
According to the landlord Mr Kwadwo Adu Gyamfi, the first thing they did was to evacuate all the personnel and secured the area so that they would be able to perform their work effectively after quenching the fire.