General News of Wednesday, 19 December 2018
The Minority in Parliament is asking President Akufo Addo to abolish the one million dollar per each constituency initiative claiming it is a failed policy.
Minority spokesperson on finance Cassiel Ato Forson says, since the implementation of the policy, only forty dollars has been released per each constituency for two years of which he thinks is already a failed policy.
“The capital expenditure released to date is thirty seven million Ghana Cedis, if you are to divide the amount by GH 274; it means that instead of the nine million that will be gotten per the constituencies, so far we have received only one hundred and thirty four Ghana Cedis. Which implies that the policy has failed.” He said.
In defense to the claims, Member of Parliament Finance Committee Daniel Okyem Aboagye said the policy has not failed.
“I believe that, giving the fact that we have the law backing it, organizations has been set up and the fact that Government has special initiative, defiantly the Government is going to deliver on its mandate and its word.” He said.
He further encourages Ghanaians to be patient and wait because, the Npp Government do not just talk but walk the talk